Cervical Cancer Action Webinars
Cervical Cancer Action webinars bring the latest information and experience in global cervical cancer prevention to our members and friends.
WHO's comprehensive global guidance on cervical cancer control: new evidence, guidance and fundamentals for country-level success
January 20, 2015
On January 20, Cervical Cancer Action will host its eleventh global webinar to support broad dissemination of the WHO's newly updated guidance document: Comprehensive cervical cancer control: A guide to essential practice. The document provides country-level decision makers and civil society stakeholders with the latest evidence, recommendations, and tools to support an effective, efficient, and far-reaching national response to cervical cancer prevention and control.
The webinar, organized in collaboration with WHO, will convene leading experts to discuss the evidence review process and will highlight new recommendations. Panelists will also speak on how the WHO recommendations can be adapted and scaled for effective national programs.
This webinar will be presented in English. French and Spanish language webinars will be offered once translations of the document become available later in the year.
Dr. Debbie Saslow, PhD, Director, Breast and Gynecologic Cancer, American Cancer Society (Moderator)
- Dr. Nathalie Broutet, MD, PhD, Controlling Sexually Transmitted and Reproductive Tract Infections, Department of Reproductive Health and Research, World Health Organization
- Dr. Vivien Tsu, PhD, MPH, Director, Director of the Cervical Cancer Prevention project and Associate Director, Reproductive Health at PATH
- Dr. Mike Chirenge, MD, FRCOG, Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Health Sciences, University of Zimbabwe
- Professor Lynette Denny, PhD, MB ChB, MMed, FCOG, Chair and Professor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Groote Schuur Hospital, South Africa
- Dr. Partha Basu, MD, DNB, Associate Professor and Head, Department of Gynecological Oncology at Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, India
HPV tests: the key to universal screening for cervical cancer?
Original webcast: September 10, 2014
El fin del cáncer cervicouterino en Las Américas: Ha llegado la hora
Original webcast: January 17, 2013
A cervical cancer free Africa: regional solutions for lasting change
Original webcast: January 16, 2013
Avances en detección y tratamiento de lesiones precancerosas del cuello uterino en América Latina
Original webcast: April 18, 2012
Global Advances in Screening and Treatment of Cervical Precancer
Original webcast: April 11, 2012
Ending Cervical Cancer in Asia: Building on Advances Throughout the Region
Original webcast: March 27, 2012
African Progress in Cervical Cancer Prevention and the Road Forward
Original webcast: March 20, 2012
Leveraging advocacy opportunities for cervical cancer at the UN High-level Meeting on Non-communicable Diseases
Original webcast: June 2, 2011
- Presentation with maps from the CCA Report Card, including notes (3 MB PowerPoint)
- Presentation with maps from the CCA Report Card, including notes (3 MB PDF)
- Template letters for United Nations missions and agencies, urging mention of women’s cancers (100 KB Word)
- UNFPA Programme Guidance for Countries (1 MB PDF)
HPV vaccination in Latin America: Recent experience and lessons learned (in Spanish)
Vacunación contra el VPH en América Latina: Experiencia reciente y lecciones aprendidas (en español)
Original webcast: October 20, 2010
HPV vaccination in developing countries: Recent lessons from six pilot programs (in English)
Vacunación contra el VPH en países en desarrollo: Lecciones recientes de seis programas piloto (en inglés)